There are about 20 campingsites on the Faroe Islands, and the standard is varied.
Camping.fo has tried to make an inventory to be able to provide a quick and easy overview of each campingsite. We have also grouped the sites by giving 1-5 stars.
Below is an overview of how the stars have been awarded.
- Bulletin with the owner’s phone number(s) and telephone hours
- Emergency numbers (112)
- Fire equipment
- Toilet and showers
- Electricity for each unit
- Faucet for drinking-water, min. 4 meters from disposal-site – Should be clearly marked
- A disposal-site for wastewater and emptying of septic tanks
- Water for rinsing – Sould be clearly marked
- Bulletin with shopping-possibilities and a map of the surrounding area
- Outside table-space with sink and water for the campers and others
- Men and Women’s toilets and showers. The shower-rooms should have at least one plug and a mirror
- Kitchen with essentials
- Common area
- Washing machine and drier
- Max. 50 meters between the van and drinking-water
- Baby changing facilities
- Playground / area for ball-games
- Has a reception with a small kiosk from 20th June to 20th August, which should be open at least twice a day for one hour. It should have scheduled opening-hours and these should be clearly marked
- A drain for wastewater available for each van